Merchandiser – Southside
Tri-Cities Beverage Corporation is seeking an individual to service our Southside Virginia customers. The Merchandiser is responsible for presenting products in a way that will attract the attention of consumers at our customer retail locations. This position services and maintains multiple Convenience Retail, Drug and Value accounts by merchandising approved products and packages using safe handling techniques and following all quality guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fills, merchandises and rotates products in cold vaults and on the shelf according to procedures and special programs. Physically moves product from the sales floor to cold vault and displays. Rotates product.
- Fills and merchandises coolers within outlet as well as any displays on the sales floor.
- Organizes and maintains back room cooler by stacking and arranging product by package and flavor, arranging the return of empty shells, damaged and out-of-date product for driver pick up and disposing of any cardboard and plastic.
- Must have effective communication skills which include listening, speaking, and writing.
- Prior customer service experience preferred in a retail setting.
- Merchandisers must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively to satisfy the needs of a variety of customers with differing demands and expectations.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment (lifting 40 lbs. repetitively).
- Able to work reliably and independently with little daily supervision.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Valid in-state driver’s license
- Excellent driving history
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening